Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our meetup are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
The Quick Version
Our meetup is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of meetup participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any meetup venue, including talks, networking, social events, Twitter and other online media. Meetup participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meetup at the discretion of the meetup organisers.
The Less Quick Version
A primary goal of LuxembourgJS is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof). This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We will also apply those rules for the selection of speakers, sponsors, and venues. We invite all those who participate in LuxembourgJS to help us create a safe and positive experience for everyone.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Discriminatory jokes and language related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances. Our meetups are not dating events.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the meetup organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning.
Reporting an incident
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact one of the meetup organisers immediately.
The organisation team will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe during the meetups.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify the organisation team with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
We expect all participants (attendees; sponsors; speakers; hosts; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business. This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
Published under CC-BY-SA